Through the Ealing Council Area Fund, the GNP Community Forum aims to:
- increase awareness of VCS (Voluntary and Community Sector) groups in the area. The voluntary sector that is active in Greenford Northolt and Perivale ranges from national organisations such as Homestart to locally-developed organisations such as CAME and GUV CDT to small residents associations and community groups. We aim to enable these groups to know more about each other and promote the work that they do;
- increase and improve cross-sector partnership. Many of the organisations in the area provide important services and are sometimes a lifeline to residents. It is important that their work is recognised and, if possible, we can enable partnership working with statutory and private services in order to meet the needs of residents and create a sustainable future for the organisation;
- promote good practice. We aim to provide support to organisations by sharing information and training about good practice methods for managing and delivering projects;
- increase opportunities for volunteering. We support the sector to promote their volunteer opportunities, support groups to manage volunteering and create area-wide activities that provide volunteering opportunities;
- enable residents to have a collective voice on local issues by representing the views of organisations and residents strategically at decision-making levels;
- promote events, services and activities by sharing information about what is happening in the area.